Debian Stretch Desktop¶
This guide describes how to flash a Debian Stretch Root Filesystem with Desktop environment.
Before you start¶
- Connect the 12V DC power to your Developtment Kit and the micro USB connector to the OTG port.
- Open a terminal connection using the TTL to USB Serial Converter cable, as explained in TTL Converter Terminal Connection.
- Put the bootmode jumper in place, to bring the board to boot-mode. If you’re new to enabling the bootmode, see Enabling Bootmode.
- Clone our github repository at branch master to get the files neccessary: https://github.com/karo-electronics/debian-tx8m.
Getting the Root FS¶
The root filesystem is not included inside the github repository, because it is too large. Please download it from our Fileadmin. Put the archive file into the repository folder /rootfs.
The universal update utility is used to program your board.
libusb-1.0.dllfrom NXP’s official repository here.
- Put these three files inside the root of our repository you cloned.
Running uuu to program your board¶
If you’re on Windows 10 or Linux uuu will work fine. If you’re on Windows 7 see Running uuu on Windows 7 1.
- Plug the micro USB, that is connected into the OTG port of your board, into your computer.
- Open a command line inside the repository root folder on your computer.
- Press the reset button on your board.
- Run the following:
This will start uuu using the uuu.auto script and gives you information about the setup process.
When uuu has run with everything okay, you can just remove the bootmode jumper and unplug the micro USB cable.
- Connect the 12V DC power cable, and the touchscreen into the USB host port of the board.
- Wait for your Debian desktop to appear. The login works with