Manual Desktop installation¶
The following lines will install the LXDE desktop environment for Debian Stretch.
- Update dependencies and install the desktop without recommended packages:
apt update apt upgrade apt install --no-install-recommends task-lxde-desktop
- Set X11 config to use the right display manager:
echo "/usr/bin/lightdm" > /etc/X11/default-display-manager
If you would like to install an on-screen keyboard, to use with the touchscreen, follow the steps below.
- Install the onboard keyboard package:
apt install onboard
- Edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf, and under [greeter] setction uncomment the keyboard line and set it to this:
- If you want to have the keyboard enabled at startup also add this line: