QS8M QSBASE2 Evaluation Kit¶
This guide will help new users to quickly setup our QS8M-MQ00 QSBASE2 Linux Evaluation Kit.
Detailed information about the QS8M-MQ00 solder-in module itself are available on our website.
When opening the package of the Evaluation Kit you should find the following components inside:
- The evaluation board “QSBASE2” with the QS8M-MQ00 module soldered on.
- A micro USB cable which is used for power-connection and flashing.
- A TTL to USB Serial Converter cable.
- Our catalog and the QS8M datasheet.
Connect the QSBASE2 board as shown in the image below.
- Connect the TTL to USB Serial Converter cable to the DEBUG UART port on the board, notice the black wire on Pin 1. The other side is connected to your computer.
- Connect the micro USB to the board. The other side is also connected with your host computer.
- (Optional) connect a network cable.
- Verify the Bootmode-jumper is not in Download-Mode. For help see Enabling Bootmode.
Booting, First steps¶
After connecting the micro USB your board will boot.
Your module is pre-programmed with a headless systemd-based Linux. To get terminal access read the next section(s).
Re-installing the OS¶
The pre-compiled Image files to flash the QSBASE2 Evaluation Kit are located in our Download Area. They contain the headless environment.
Download the Images and proceed with the UUU - Universal Update Utility.