QS8M on QSBASE2¶
This guide will help new users to quickly setup our QS8M on QSBASE2 Linux Development Kit.
Detailed information about the QS8M solder-in module itself are available on our website.
When opening the package of the Development Kit you should find the following components inside:
- The evaluation board “QSBASE2” with the QS8M module soldered on.
- A micro USB cable which is used for power-connection and flashing.
- A TTL to USB Serial Converter cable.
- Our catalog and the QS8M datasheet.
Connect the QSBASE2 board as shown in the image below.
- Connect the TTL to USB Serial Converter cable to the DEBUG UART port on the board, notice the black wire on Pin 1. The other side is connected to your computer.
- Connect the micro USB to the board. The other side is also connected with your host computer.
- (Optional) connect a network cable.
- Verify the Bootmode-jumper is not in Download-Mode. For help see Enabling USB-Bootmode.
Booting, First steps¶
After connecting the micro USB your board will boot.
Your module is pre-programmed with a headless systemd-based Linux. To get terminal access read the next section(s).
TTL to USB Terminal Connection¶
See our FAQ: TTL Converter Terminal Connection.
Re-installing the OS¶
The pre-compiled image files to flash the QSBASE2 Development Kit are located in our Download Area. They contain different environments, e.g. a minimal and a desktop environment.
Download the images and proceed with the UUU - Universal Update Utility.
Customizing the OS¶
If you want to use our Yocto Layer, or want to create your own customized Linux distribution, have a look at our Yocto Guide.
Raspberry Pi Touch Display¶
The QSBASE2 Development Kit supports the official Raspberry Pi 7inch Touch Display. The QSBASE2 can be mounted directly to the display.
The official Product Site of the Raspberry Pi 7inch Touch Display: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/
The sources supporting the Display are integrated our Yocto Sumo Layer. Refer to our Yocto Guide.
We also provide a Ready To Use qs8m-raspi-image to flash your QS8M module in our Download Area.