QSMP on QSBASE1¶
This guide will help new users to quickly setup our QSMP on QSBASE1 Linux Development Kit.
Detailed information about the QSMP solder-in module itself are available on our website.
You can read all steps explained in this video in the sections below.
When opening the package of the Development Kit you should find the following components inside:
- The evaluation board “QSBASE1” with the QSMP module soldered on.
- A micro USB cable which is used for power-connection and flashing.
- A TTL to USB Serial Converter cable.
- Our catalog and the QSMP datasheet.
Connect the QSBASE1 board as shown in the image below.
- Connect the TTL to USB Serial Converter cable to the DEBUG UART port on the board, notice the black wire on Pin 1. The other side is connected to your computer.
- Connect the micro USB to the board. The other side is also connected with your host computer.
- (Optional) connect a network cable.
- Verify the Bootmode-jumper is not in Download-Mode. For help see Enabling USB-Bootmode.
Booting, First steps¶
After connecting the micro USB your board will boot. Notice the linux heartbeat shown by the LED.
Your module is pre-programmed with a headless systemd-based Linux. To get terminal access read the next section(s).
Re-installing the OS¶
The pre-compiled Image files to flash the QSMP module are located in our Download Area. They contain a headless and a Desktop environment.
Download the Images and proceed with the STM32CubeProgrammer.
With QSMP-1510 - After programming you might receive the following error(s):
** Cannot find mtd partition "UBI" ... ubi0 error: ubi_attach_mtd_dev: failed to attach mtd3, error -22 UBI error: cannot attach mtd3 UBI error: cannot initialize UBI, error -22 UBI init error 22 ...
To fix these errors run the following command in U-Boot prompt and re-program the module:
QSMP U-Boot> mtd erase UBI
Your QSBASE1 Development Kit will also support parallel displays and the GPU integrated on the QSMP-1570 module.
The GLYN TFT Family Concept ist fully supported by QSBASE1 Development Kit. https://www.glyn.com/Products/Displays/TFT-Family-Concept