QSMP QSBASE1 Evaluation Kit¶
This guide will help new users to quickly setup our QSMP-1570 QSBASE1 Linux Evaluation Kit.
Detailed information about the QSMP-1570 solder-in module itself are available on our website.
When opening the package of the Evaluation Kit you should find the following components inside:
- The evaluation board “QSBASE1” with the QSMP-1570 module soldered on.
- A micro USB cable which is used for power-connection and flashing.
- A TTL to USB Serial Converter cable.
- Our catalog and the QSMP datasheet.
Connect the QSBASE1 board as shown in the image below.
- Connect the TTL to USB Serial Converter cable to the DEBUG UART port on the board, notice the black wire on Pin 1. The other side is connected to your computer.
- Connect the micro USB to the board. The other side is also connected with your host computer.
- (Optional) connect a network cable.
Booting, First steps¶
After connecting the micro USB your board will boot. Notice the linux heartbeat shown by the LED.
Your module is pre-programmed with a headless systemd-based Linux. To get terminal access read the next section(s).
Re-installing the OS¶
The pre-compiled Image files to flash the QSBASE1 Evaluation Kit are located in our Download Area. They contain the headless and a Desktop environment.
Download the Images and proceed with the STM32CubeProgrammer.
Your QSBASE1 Evaluation Kit will also support parallel displays and the GPU integrated on the QSMP-1570 module.
The GLYN TFT Family Concept ist fully supported by QSBASE1 Evaluation Kit. https://www.glyn.com/Products/Displays/TFT-Family-Concept